Wednesday 1 July 2015

On Marketing

Marketing is an amateur hobby and a career ambition. I want to discuss marketing stuff - campaigns I like, ones I don't, and interesting research - here. Please comment, and let me know about campaigns you enjoy.

Marketing is virtually impossible to define. I have no definition to offer. The most effective marketing is often that which we fail to realise is marketing at all. For example, the effect that a bottle colour has on our perception of the product is an unconscious influence on our decision to buy, or not to buy it. Therefore the assertion that marketing 'doesn't work' is not only a little ignorant, but ironically one of the reasons that it does.


There are a variety of advertising mediums, and marketing outlets, and I will try to discuss a variety. I am not keen on TV advertising due to its typically annoying yet forgettable nature, however I will write a little about TV campaigns that have done something a little different, but also about why TV advertising is often ineffective.

Speak soon.
S


No comments:

Post a Comment